Saturday, April 23, 2005

“Pretentious”

A lil mush won't hurt...

I held your shadow close
The way I never did in years
Searching for your face
Til I’m blindfolded with tears
I ran out of wisdom
Just by getting pass the truth
Selling all of me
To pay the gift I once refused

Woke up in between mornings
Been through all kinds of endings
Now I can’t pretend..

And if it was me desperate
I’d somehow feel secure
To be in a state of longing
Where this feeling can be pure
I am close to just knowing
That the news would soon be you
Hold me close darling..
If its for me then its you

And its right to not know
How the story ends in this show
I’ll wait behind the reel
And watch how it transpires
I have not one hint of you
But your face have been my fire
And while I still can stand
Feel free to hold my hand

I’ll close my eyes they way I need to
I’ll dream away the very sight of you
While I can pretend..

And though you’re in the dark
I can still be as sure
To find comfort in this longing
Where both of us are pure
I’m almost always knowing
That the news would soon be you
Hold me close honey..
It is me waiting for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home