Sunday, April 10, 2005

"Mindorinned"

Got on the boat called "Arribba" shippin' down the Mindoro shore forever. Two boys, two girls, two pairs..do the math, the four of us finally began an overnight getaway. Our boys were pretty much convinced that the long boat ride did all of us good since we got to the resort just in time to get a good deal on an overnight reservation at a place near the beach front. My tummy's been screaming LUNCH the whole boat ride so we walked to a grill place which served Puerto Galera's famous kebab. I had my lunch for free, thanks for the dead fly on my calamares which was friendly enough to not do my tummy any harm. The rest of the gang had their fill while I try to not ruin the rest of my vacation..there's dinner anyway. I wanted to brand this vacation with dread locks on my head so I slew in 250 bucks to get my hair done while Rina had her ceremonial by-the-beach massage. For some reason, the other twosome can't wait to have their dose of alcohol before sunset which kept them intoxicated while waiting for us. With hotdogs on sticks, indian mangoes severed with chili anchovies and fruit shakes at around 5:35pm..we decided to be "MINDORINNED".

Dinner went great as we settled to have it along the shore. Rina and Maco had barbecue kebab..I think Eli had liempo compensating it with tomatoes while I had a guilt-free, fly-proof tangigue. Filled up as we intend to be, we ended up sleepy. We had the boys waiting while Rina and I catched some snooze before heading to the nearest bar for a night-out. For some reason, I can hardly remember what went on that night. The last stuff I remember were a round of card games and Mindoro sling with a crowd try to get "Mindorinned" themselves.

Our last day was marked mostly with Rina's theatrical screams. 7:00 am, a two way radio with her voice screaming started our last day that made us get up and have shakes by the beach. How I wished that time that the sun would just show up so I can bring home a good tan but as in anything, I guess you can never really have it all. We got the whole island's attention as our good friend Rina screamed our banana boat ride away. We fell off a couple of times..but it sure was fun (well, atleast for Maco, Eli and me).

My backs's just starting to ache now..approximately 24 hours from our journey back to Manila. I don't want to sound like one of those summer commercials by saying : "It was a blast!" but it definitely was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home