Monday, March 21, 2005

"Truce"

I remembered when you once said/
that I can never turn this poem into bread /
You even cursed that blindfolded sun
Took my halo off though there's none
Now you're wasting away in defeat
No ounce of hope that your spirit
once seeked

You refused to even look at the light
Til I starred at you straight out for a fight
You held off this universe with a tight fist
Collecting rewards for all that you’ve risked
For all the punches that caused that bruise
The kick you gave for free
this world can't refuse
The rage that made the resounding news
I'll rectify what they did for a truce

And you talked about your angst
and the mouths that you can't feed
You could use your guts of stone
Just by stepping out to heed
To that call to get off your patriarchal shell
And refusing to be this earth’s piece of hell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home