Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Eating Mangoes in Fort Strip (and other tales)

The metaphors of everyday life stung on the right places at the right time. My want to diet and my inevitable cravings create moments that I got no choice than to savor. The Fort strip has been one of my favorite after work spots primarily because my gym is in there (and go nuts donuts as well). I never pictured myself eating “Mangang hilaw” outside a fruit stand. I don’t know if this is out of sheer boredom (from waiting for my gym class) or hunger but it was an experience worth trying. Imagine me shamelessly eating my green mangoes amidst “chi-chi” people walking their dogs, eating donuts after working out and those spending more than a hundred bucks for a scoop of ice cream. It never occurred to me to find shade when I felt droplets of rain pester my eager hands busy feeding my mouth. Anyway, if you finally got the picture, what I really thought about is how the green mangoes I am eating could be likened to our real self (or maybe life in general). There’s no better time or place to take a large bite of what we really are (especially when circumstances call for it)…Basta, bottom line is..”Mag paka totoo ka!”..I never cared about the smell of the bagoong or how much of it have been left off in my hands (which I also tried to wash off)...Thing about it is that it’s a guiltless pleasure which happens to be healthy and doing me real good. I mean how many times in your life do you care less especially when you are surrounded by pretentious people, strangers and people whom who would be bumping off with in the future? Would you give a damn being known to be that girl eating green mangoes bare hands in the fort strip?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home