Thursday, October 06, 2005

A blog entry

It’s feels a bit weird writing a journal entry (perse) considering how I’ve made this blog a depository of my so-called “songs” which after hearing my brother compose a real song were POEMS after all. I’ve finally come to the realization that maybe I a really am a POET and not a song SONG WRITER (yet!). I admire how my brother nurtured his passion to write songs and as a result he did not just learn the discipline but the ability of playing the guitar as well. Amazing how God sees beyond your passion and desires especially when you do something for his glory.

Ok, I could honestly use some encouragement at this point. I am yet to present a not-so-good-looking contract to a major account that was given to me. The catch here is that this account previously signed a hefty amount of a marketing support from us two years ago and since the company’s sales have not been doing well the past year, we need to bring down the offer rock bottom. We are facing the possibility of losing the account. I personally am in the danger of losing the favor of our division SVP. “I am expecting you to get this account Pam, We’re not here to sell for you, we’re here to watch you sell” and his voice goes on in my head…

After releasing my anxieties to a couple of good people I’ve known here at work, God gently told me to just listen to him ONLY. I am driven to to test my faith again in hearing God’s voice in practical situations like this. I want to be like King David (don’t we all Christians do?) who asks God for instructions in every single detail of the battle. I realized that the more I seek for God’s wisdom, the more I seek HIM. Come to think of it, this is really what I’ve ask for from him : A SEEKING HEART, A HUNGRY HEART.

God is really great. Like what the bible says: “His ways are not our ways” and when we ask him to help us seek him, he definitely knows how to orchestrate the right situations where we will have no choice than to yearn for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home