Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You lighted another cigarette and began to think...
Now, do you see answers?
Right down there at the back of your ribs,
does your heart beat familiarly the minute you start puffing?
Its quiet right? when the world's a storm.
So sane when everything's gone crazy in their own futile ways.
Maybe here you would just like one minute of escapade in your 15 minute break.
Probably the so-called seven minutes lost in your longevity
would spare you the agony of saying goodbye...

It was beneath that cloud of nicotine where you left me (or do you still remember?)
Nothing of us remained like the residues in that sand made hole you bent on for those black ashes..
When all the smoke have been ceased by the thick Boracay breeze, you probably have seen my face. I'd love to believe that in someway, you've recognized those droplets of tears that fell on my sandy feet. But then again, you must've thought to yourself : "Not again...puffed my smoke on her eyes!"

And when all of these have seen the end of us..We'd just pretend that what we had was just as good as that one pack of Marlboro lights. You'd go on lighting one stick after another and from afar, I'd be thankful that each time you do,you'd remember me. Somehow I've been literally breathing beneath you. Somehow, I've found luxury in inhaling your second hand smoke knowing that it's every piece of you.

I know someday we'll see much more clearly than this. So much clarity indeed without this cloud of smoke. You'd notice that tiny dimple in my left cheek...that little smirk in my eyes each time I adore you. Then you'd know that it won't take nicotine anymore to remember me.

Someday soon, I'd breathe on a fresh new kind of air.We'd live longer lives with enough seven more minutes to linger on the good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger baroogz said...

this reminds me of myself. I used to smoke when me and my ex have a 'talk.' so I have no trouble relating to this poem... You can paint quite a vivid picture... the smoke swirling through the air, the tears dripping to her feet, somehow,,, in slowmo..

May 24, 2006 at 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home